City Council has approved changes to ordinances regulating mobile food vendors for an evaluation period of six months, beginning December 1, 2012.
Where and when food trucks may operate:
- Must be located on private property with written permission from property owner
- Allowed in zoning districts Central Business (CB), Commercial-Medium
(C-H), Commercial-Heavy (C-H), Light Industrial (LI), Heavy Industrial (HI), Public & Institutional (PI)
- Allowed at permitted special events and on active construction sites
- Not allowed 50 feet from the main entrance of any restaurants during business hours unless authorized by a restaurant to be closer
- Not allowed less than five feet from driveways, sidewalks, utility boxes, handicap ramps, building entrances or exits, or emergency call boxes
- Only one truck is permitted per half-acre zoned lot; up to two trucks are permitted per zoned lot between a half and one acre in size; up to three trucks are permitted per zoned lot larger than one acre in size
- Must not operate between 3-7 am.
Thanks to all who made this happen! We will be in touch as trucks find locations in Downtown! Stay tuned!